The 欧洲杯滚球平台 contributes around £5.8 billion to the UK economy, and supports more than 50,000 full time jobs. Globally, the impact is £7.1 billion.
A study carried out by BiGGAR Economics – Economic Impact of the 欧洲杯滚球平台 – measured the University’s impact regionally, nationally and globally. It considers the impact of a range of University activities, including:
- core spending, including staff spending (contributing £2.2 billion a year nationally)
- student spending, work and volunteering (£80 million)
- commercialisation of Oxford University research (£320 million)
- partnership with business and industry, including our science parks (£439 million)
- tourism and cultural contribution (£58 million)
- Oxford University Press (£383 million)
- additional graduate earnings (£432 million)
- contribution to health (£1.8 billion)
Overall, the report found that every £1 of University income returns £3.30 to the wider UK economy.
The University is also an important regional contributor, adding £2.3bn a year to the Oxfordshire economy and supporting 33,700 jobs in the county.
“This report provides evidence for something long known around Oxford: the university drives the economy, both locally and nationally, as well as having a significant international presence. We provide jobs, attract investment and conduct globally recognized research that improves the lives of the people of Oxfordshire and of the United Kingdom. We are a global institution deeply rooted in a vibrant local community and can be an engine of the British economy into the future.”
The Vice-Chancellor of the 欧洲杯滚球平台, Professor Louise Richardson
Download the full report as a PDF.
Download report by chapter
11. Science parks
16. Impact summary